Friday, April 8, 2011
Taking A Break
So, we had to do some thinking .... according to my RE's office, our insurance company won't cover any of this. Every time I walk into his office, it costs us about $400. At the same time, I have just accepted a residency position for next year from July 1, 2011- June 30, 2012. If I got pregnant next month, our baby would be born in January. We would obviously figure things out, but it would certainly be a challenge. We felt like it didn't make sense to really, truly try to make this baby happen - spend all this money, go through all the emotional ups and downs - when we were actually in a place where waiting wouldn't be such a terrible thing. You never know with infertility - there is always the chance that a miracle could happen over the next few months and we could conceive naturally. I'm not holding my breathe, but who knows.
We have a big cross country move coming up in June, so the plan is to wait until July, when we're all settle in our new home and we can start talking about more serious treatment with a doctor who would be there with us for the long haul.
In the meantime, I will continue to take the metformin (although I am certain that it is doing absolutely nothing for me), monitor my temps, and cross my fingers that my body figures out how to ovulate on it's own.