Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

A Therapeutic Post

I'm feeling really down today.   It's really hard to stay positive about this whole situation all the time - especially when there is some much uncertainty, ups and downs, and loads of hormones.  This morning I took one last pg test and once again it was a BFN.  I think it's safe to say, this month was not the month.  So, I called my RE to let them know the situation.  They said I can stop taking the progesterone and to call when I get my period so we can proceed.  Ok, no big deal - we'll try again.

I also asked about our insurance.  The office had still never gotten back to me about whether or not our insurance will cover any of this.  They said - no - our insurance will not cover any of these appointments, medications, or treatment.  


I told my husband this and he did a little research through our Explanation of Benefits (we have Highmark Blue Shield) and he found several sections stating that "Infertility counseling, testing and treatment: covered 100%" and "Assisted fertilization procedures: covered 100%."   So, I called the office back and told them about our discovery and they got very snippy on the phone with me - they said that they spoke to a representative on the phone who said that no coverage was provided and that apparently treatment means surgical treatment...  What does that even mean? 


This process is so hard and I really wish my doctor would work with us more on our treatment options keeping our insurance situation in mind.  I am definitely going to talk to our insurance company and try to understand this better.  The language used in the Explanation of Benefits seems so clear.  My fingers are still crossed that the doctor's office is completely wrong.  But, if we are going to pay for all of this out of pocket, I'm not entirely sure what we are going to do...  It will certainly change our treatment approach.  


Oh, and I got a speeding ticket this morning.  

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the ticket ... maybe it's a symbolic "slow down" message.

    Have you considered:
    http://www.naprotechnology.com/
    Dr. Thomas W. Hilgers

    ReplyDelete