Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Learning Your Language

I've been really enjoying reading the blogs out there from people dealing with the same thing that I am.  It is definitely helpful to hear about other people's stories and their journeys.  It is also amazing to see the support that people receive from the community. 

 There is definitely a learning curve in reading the blogs and forums.  It's like everyone is writing in code!!  I had NO idea what people were writing about - DH?  DPO?  BFN?  Man, I had NO idea what was going on.  Thankfully, I chatted with a friend today who explained everything to me.  So now, hopefully, I can actually understand what everyone is talking about! 

In the meantime, I guess I am apparently in the infamous 2ww (see how I catch on?).  I wish I could just not think about it too much, but it's kind of hard when I am taking all these medications.  Metformin 500mg three times a day.  And this morning I just started taking Prometrium three times a day.... not orally...  Man oh man.  Thank goodness for the blogs and forums who gave me the heads up about wearing a pantyliner.  Excellent advice! 

In the meantime, does anyone have any advice on diet and exercise?  I'd kind of like to go to the gym tomorrow and take a body pump weight lifting class and then a kick boxing class.  But at the same time, I'm not sure what I should and should not do.  Also, are there any foods that I should be eating more of or less of?  I currently keep almost a vegan diet - no meat, no dairy, no eggs, no cheese, no butter.  I think I heard that yams are good at boosting progesterone levels, but what do I know.  Any advice?

5 comments:

  1. A GREAT place to start is Nico's blog. She's basically the anchor of the HA board on Fertile Thoughts, and where most of us started from. She's a great friend of mine, and I tend to trust her even more than my RE!

    http://noperiodbaby.blogspot.com/2009/06/hypothalamic-amenorrhea-recovery.html

    Please feel free to email me anytime (achodgins@gmail.com) Might be easier to have convos that way instead of through comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. Nico's blog was the first blog I stumbled upon a few weeks ago when I officially got the HA diagnosis. I started reading from the beginning but then I stopped once she got pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fine, all the important HA stuff comes before that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the 2ww as well - my doctor said I didn't need to do anything different. I have been taking it easy as far as exercise goes. I'd rather be safe than sorry, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel! Thanks for checking out my blog and for your advice. I agree, I'm trying to tone my exercise down a notch just to be safe. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete