Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Messing With My Head

I've never been pregnant before, so I have absolutely no idea what being pregnant must feel like.  That being said, every twinge or tickle I feel makes my head spin.  I've been researching the side effects of the Prometrium and the HCG shot and apparently the side effects are incredibly similar to pregnancy symptoms.  Well, that's no fair!  I want to stay level headed and not get carried away so I'm trying not to think about it too much.  But, here's how I'm feeling these days:

1)  I'm sick - I've had a really bad sore throat for the past few days, my throat is a little congested and my nose is a little stuffy.

2) I feel exhausted and have very little energy to do anything - I just wanna lounge around (which works well since today is a rainy Sunday). 

3)  My temp is up - I tend to hover around 97.6 but yesterday I was 98.3 and today I was at 98.6.

4)  I've had some abdominal cramps - mostly on the right where the follicle was, but this morning I'm feeling cramps on the left.  Is it possible to ovulate late from the Clomid on the other side?

As you can see, I'm a total lunatic.  I probably just have a cold :).   And like I said, it's really hard to not think about things when I'm taking 6 pills a day.  I need to work on distracting myself. 

*** On another note, welcome to any new readers!  I'm so excited to have all of you here.  It's so nice to know that there are other people out there who understand.

6 comments:

  1. ha, i am so guilty of overanalyzing every symptom :) was that a twinge? what does 98.32 mean? etc. somehow i have it in my head that i'll KNOW when i'm pregnant too, even before the test shows it.

    we seem to have a lot in common - i've written about a lot of body image-related struggles on my blog. i had to gain ~7 lbs and decrease my exercise a lot to regain ovulatory cycles and it was really challenging. one thing that has helped is i just went shopping and weeded out my closet! sounds superficial but i think it was really an important step :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT advice. My husband and I are actually moving across the country in the next 3 months so we definitely need to downsize. I've decided that April 1st is the earliest that I'll allow myself to take a pregnancy test, so until then, I'll start sorting out our closets.

    Is your blog The Shu Box? I'll definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going absolutely crazy as well analyzing all of my "symptoms." For example yesterday I was exhausted, last night I woke up starving in the middle of the night and ate some cereal, and my temps have been super high (98.6). Of course I am way over analyzing this and it could really mean nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's completely normal to overanalyze. What else are we supposed to do during the TWW to make the time pass?? ;)

    It all sounds promising though. When are you testing?

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my HCG shot on Monday 3/14 so I've decided to wait until 4/1 to test. Assuming I can wait that long, I thought the longer I wait, the better.

    ReplyDelete